Finally, this wonderful beer from Portland has taken the drive down 95 and parked itself on the shelves here at Bauer. A couple of years ago a co-worker brought a bottle back from his vacation to Maine and I was really impressed with this beer when we opened it up. Then, last spring when I spent a weekend in Portland, the Peeper and it’s sister beer, Zoe, was on tap everywhere I went but when I went to seek it out at the local shops they were all sold out. Definitely a good sign. This American Pale Ale is brewed by two brothers in a rather small brewery but there is nothing small about the flavors in this beer. It pours into the glass a nice golden color with a thick white head. You get the nice orange-citrus, hoppy notes on the nose and the taste has a great bitter hop characteristic, balanced out by a sweet malty finish. The carbonation in the Peeper is also spot on, which helps make this beer one of the most refreshing pale ales that I have tasted. This beer is certainly worth a try and more than likely you will be back for more. Check out their website to see what other good things they are doing for our planet. Do what’s right.
- La Dauphine Chloe Pinot Noir – Fresh, Fruity, and Woodsy
- Chamisal Vineyards Stainless Chardonnay – Crisp, Juicy, and Full
- Chateau Recougne Bordeaux Superieur – Smooth, Silky, and Rich
- La Maialina Gertrude Rosso Toscana – Bright Fruit and Italian Leather
- Fortant Coast Select Chardonnay – French White Goes American!
- RT @MassBrewBros: Massachusetts is getting another beer level storm tonight - Stock up on all your favorite craft beer now! #beerblizzard #… 6 days ago
- https://t.co/KPJSiGXN1e 6 days ago
- Given this lovely weather we have planned for us tomorrow, we will be closed! To prepare for this snow-in make sure… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Alsatian wines American wine Argyle Wines Australian Riesling Back Bay back bay wine stores beer Beer dog bones beer tasting blueberry mead book signings Bordeaux Boston boston harbor hotel Boston wine and beer boston wine festival boston wine stores Bourbon Bowzer Beer Chardonnay chef daniel bruce Chefs tastings City Table craft beer dog food tasting donelan family winery dry hopped mead Finger Lakes Riesling Finger Lakes wine FLX Riesling Festival food and wine French wine German Riesling Grand Tour Boston Grenache Honeymaker mead IPA Italian wines lavender mead Lenox Hotel local beer Maine Mead Works massachusetts wines mead Mourvedre Muscat Newbury Street new world pinot noir Randall Grahm red wine Riesling riesling hour risotto recipe rose wine sangria sangria recipe second label wines Shrimp kabobs Sofia the cat Spanish wines sparkling wine spirits Stores with Cats Syrah The Fish & Bone The Honest Kitchen white wine Willamette Valley wine Wine Spectator wine stores with cats wines under $15 wine tasting wine tastings